Who should attend?
This 18-month programme is aimed at those who want to practice as professional coaches. It is pegged at SAQA NQF 7 (Postgraduate). To be on the programme you probably have just completed a certificate coaching programme elsewhere and you find the approach you learned limiting. Or you merely want to expand your repertoire and differentiate yourself.
Entry level is undergraduate degree, preferably, but not compulsorily in the helping professions (social work, psychology, theology, etc)
You will draw heavily on your work & life experience. Compulsory practicum in coaching is a requirement.
NOTE: This is an Honours level qualification registered with the Council of higher Education (CHE) and a mini proposal will be required at the end of the programme.
By the end of the programme, participants should, amongst other things, be able to:
• Understand Foundation principles of
• Apply Skills required for effective coaching
• Explore & Apply Practical considerations in
• Have Explored Specialized coaching streams
and the landscape of coaching
• Understand and apply Ethics of coaching
• Understand and apply the Psychology of
• Manage their Coaching Practice
• Understand and apply Elements of
• Reflective practice