Objectives of the programme
To enable participants with skills and attributes to evoke excellence in self and others
Coaching is no longer a privilege for the few and it has been proven to be an essential skill in supporting others to move from Point A to B faster than the traditional methods of telling and teaching.
This two-day programme will arm you with the essential skills and knowledge necessary to make this shift in yourself and others. The programme is spread over 4 days with an initial 2-day workshop and a day of post-workshop work as well as a final workshop
Who should attend?
- Anyone in a role that seeks to get people to DO something and love it!
- New managers
- Team leaders in social context
- Sports Managers
- (Yes, even as a parent!).
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of coaching theory and background
- know the basic psychology of coaching and how it applies to coaching skills
- coach using the essential coaching skills
- Describe the landscape of coaching and options available to practitioners.
- undertake their first coaching session in confidence
- understand the way they think and act (insight into the self) and how this can enable or disable effective coaching
- Use one of the world’s leading performance coaching model to effect performance
- Participation in workshops,
- 10 hour coaching Practicum,
- Reflective feedback on practicum
Programme outline and topics to be covered
- Foundation principles of coaching
- Coaching in relation to other modalities
- Understanding the self in relation to others
- Practical Skills required for viable coaching conversations
- Practical considerations in coaching
- Ethics of coaching
- Introduction to the psychology of coaching